Monday, December 7, 2020

 


For the first time in almost 100 years, there are no members of the Wurdock family living in Royal Oak, Michigan. And that’s because a new chapter in my life began today.

Let me tell you about it.

But first you need to get the theme from the Beverly Hillbillies in your head. . . . play along.

Come and listen to a story ‘bout a man named Pete

Dirt poor writer with blisters on his feet

Then one day Pete was flirting with a dream,

So he loaded up the truck and I moved New-bear-eee. . .

Michigan that is. . .

No swimming pools

No movie stars. . . . .

Just cold lakes

Until I find a home, I will reside in a very quaint cottage/ guest house of a friend where wildlife is abundant and there was a recent report of a cougar.

If I see the cougar I will introduce myself.

Signed, with love from

The Royal Oak, Yoopers.

No comments: