I’ve had a trail-cam out for about ten days, trying to get some shots of the coyote down the road. I’ve seen him a few times and routinely saw his tracks as he came for some scraps I was leaving for him.
The first couple nights with the camera were a bust. I got a poor photo of him looking around for what was left after this huge raven had cleaned out the pile. The next day I left some more as we took our afternoon walk and I wasn’t more than 400 yards down the road before I saw the raven flying with the bread in his mouth.
I now call him Mr. Evermore.
I have never seen a Raven as big as this one. He could be a meal for a hungry woodsman with some leftover for his hungry friend.
I changed the location of the camera and that didn’t work. Now I see Mr. Evermore waiting for us up in the tree as we depart on our 3:05 walk down the road to Cranberry Lake so I need to devise a new plan.
Since we haven’t had any fresh snow in about two weeks it is hard to tell old tracks from new tracks coming out of the woods. Tomorrow that will change with the expected snow.
I usually drive to town for groceries, errands and supplies on Fridays but my travel plans changed today after hearing about the storm that was coming. The wind has picked up within the last couple of hours. Right now it is raining but will change soon, making the snow we are in for, heavy and wet.
The forecast is also predicting significant wind, so if we lose power and internet, you might not hear from me for a couple of days. We do have a generator so we will be fine if it gets that bad.
I have prepared the little jugs of brandy for Jack and Needa to hang around their necks if we have to go out and find a lost hiker, wayward snowmobiler, ice fisherman or musician who got lost looking for a gig.
They are sleeping soundly but are standing by.
I can think of no other place I’d rather be stranded in a snowstorm than Deer Park, MI. Now we are going to have to wait and see what happens.