Monday, December 9, 2013

Days That Suck and Days That Don't






I’ve had a cold since last week. The origin of it has been narrowed down to my own belief of how germs are transmitted.  It has wreaked havoc on me for the last 4 days causing a considerable amount of suck.  I don’t like to dwell on “sucky things.”

In late September I walked into a restaurant/gift shop in Paradise, MI., owned by a sweet, lovely, elderly woman. She purchased several copies of my book for her gift shop.  I called her today to see if she wanted additional copies. Before we could get to business she told me that after I left she took one of my books home and read it to her husband, who has been bedridden for a long time. She told me they were thrilled with what I’ve done. She ordered more and did not hesitate in wishing me a Merry Christmas. 
I also got an email from someone I used to work with who had this to say.

"Mason Williams, the composer and perhaps holder of a discomforting case or two of Classical Gas, took full-size photos of a Greyhound Bus. Smaller buses were spun-off and resulted in a fleet of used, but highly viable, Greyhound dogs. Congrats to you for adopting two such critters whom we are sure are truly loved and well fed. My wife is thrilled to have received your latest and beautifully assembled book of tales and tails of the northern reaches and beaches (a lack of sleep has enhanced my wittiness). We are enjoying the colder climes and the absence of neighbors we will never miss. Our harpsichord celebrated its 10th anniversary and wonders when our dwindling array of kittens will tickle the keys. Wishing you the best, write soon and often.”

I can’t make this stuff up. Thank you everyone who believes in what I am doing.

As you send good wishes and cards this season, consider sending one to them:

Shiri and Carl Clark

Berry Patch Gifts & Bakery
8234 N. M-123
Paradise, MI 49768

No comments: