Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 2, 2014



My house is small by Royal Oak standards, but I love it.  It was built in 1922, has a subtle old Royal Oak charm to it and Jack and Needa have no problem stretching their legs in the yard. I also like my neighborhood. My goal is to have homes, cottages or cabins in four different places but first I need success and a woman standing next to me who can replace the shocked look on her face with her smile.




Yesterday we had a significant amount of snow. Much of it was shoveled away from driveways and sidewalks, but today’s blowing, drifting and additional accumulation made it reappear as people came back home and found it had moved. Not fair.

Since last night through today I’ve seen neighbors clearing snow for other neighbors, a resident using his own truck and plow to clear a path for someone stuck and other neighbors thanking him for his selfless act. This is the world I want to live in.

I love my neighborhood. Five miles south of me people are killed for no reason. In mine, we face the same wind but don’t shoot each other. I'll stay here as long as I can.

No comments: